Practice makes perfect...

They say practice makes perfect, so with each lighting assignment, in my Digital Photography 3 course, I am challenged with how to correctly set up the lights in different scenarios. This weeks assignment; black on black often referred to as low key lighting. We were instructed to shoot for darker tonalities against a black background and maintain detail throughout zones III through V.

I was allowed to use a minimum of 2 lights but a maximum of 4 lights. We had to light the subject that way, we gained three-dimensional depth within the image. All of this had to be done, while still considering ratios!! Needless to say, of course, my work was cut out for me.

My light set up began with 2 lights (1 specular light with a grid in the background & 1 diffuse beauty dish) and ended with 3 light set up ( 1 specular light with a grid in the background, 1 diffuse beauty dish as my key light & 1 softbox as my fill light). And voila! Here are the edited results!
I believe with much more practice I shall master the lights in the studio. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts